Autocom location

caswain
This post is 4418 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone recommend the best place to put the autocom unit on a 950A midnight star

if I put it under the seat on top of the battery it give off interferance in the headset and I dont want to put it in a tank bag I want it permenently attached to the bike so I just plug headset in and away

anyone come up with a solution

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mine is under the seat and there isn't any interference (regardless of speed).

If I remember, I can take a pic of it tomorrow in the daylight. It is definitely on top of the battery though.

Also on a 950 Midnight Star.

AndyBuk Thanks for your comments and reply

I think I may have sorted it, I have placed a 10mm thick piece of rubber mat with a sheet of lead on top of the battery 3;5 x 6 inch a bit unconventional but it has done the trick and re-routed the satnav cable down the exhaust side of the bike under the tank

no clicking or humming now

just out of interest where have you placed the rider and passenger sockets on the bike

Ok so the unit is actually in a plastic bag down the side of the battery lol

5.jpg

The cables then run to the left, with the driver cable running to the tank, then out under the left.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Passenger cable comes out just in front of the pegs.

9.jpg

Looks like the cables have then temporarily gone back under the seat for storage. Haven't used them since last summer so can't remember the exact set up at the mo.

I feel like a real ploncker now :hyper: , It never acured to me to put the main unit in there, it looks like it was made for it

I think I may reinstall it at the weekend that way I can put both tool kits on top of the battery

I installed the rider socket on the flat uprise were the overflow pipe comes down it was the only flat surface to stick the socket holder to, but I have to be careful plugging in/out as the cylinder head gets hot (make sure I keep the gloves on)

wiil have to think about the passenger socket though

Thanks for the photos have you done any other mods to your bike I will sort some photo out when I have done the jobe

Cheers

no probs.

So far the bike is a work in progress, I have installed some Ghost Brackets which inturn will be used to hold a set of quick release Tsukayu Strong Saddlebags. Also got the supports on for the Tsukayu Touring Trunk.

I am also trying to put on a Lindby Multibar (built in highway pegs, sort of). On to that will also go some spot lights.

I am waiting to receive some parts so that I can put on Batwing Fairing (removeable).

And I am currently enquiring about getting a Mustang Two Piece Wide Touring Seat.

Once I have the trunk fitted I am going to look at getting an antenna for the radio (if its not too costly as its not really needed :whistle: )

Are you planning on any more tweaks for your own ride?

I have done quite a bit of mods I have the mustang seat it is a lot better but not been out far to really check it out I am of to Holland Belgium and France week after Easter so will put it to the test then but I have found that you sit 3 or 4 inches forward and the back rest is a god send also have the boulevard screen and crash bars I have the ghost brackets on mine as well with Ladrie saddle bags and both are spot on also a easy to the I rear rack but no sissy bar as I think they look over the top on this low style bike

not sure how to add photos yet

this I have sorted photes out, hope you enjoy them

here is one without the paniers showing ghost bracket stubs old seat

005.jpg

this one is of camping and loaded up Masham norh yorshire

P4210007.jpg

hers the new seat on I just got the bike ACF50 sprayed at the bike club am in

IMAG0047.jpg

Looking good :)

Good stuff. I have confirmed shipping costs with a guy in the states I used and I'm about to place my order for a new seat too :hyper:

hope you found someone cheaper than me this the best I could get although I paid $530.00 + $70 postage from link below it arrived in 10 days (not bad)

and wait for it customes took £114.00 but it was still £130 cheaper than custom cruisers in the uk was asking in Dec 11

btw the back rest can be secured if you tighten the grub screw at the back so dickheads can not lift it out and off with it

the quality of this seat is spot on compared to the standard seat just feel the weight and build quality only other thing i can recommend is get a small foam pad 1/2 inch the kind you put on a chair leg for laminate floors to go on the back where the screw hits the chrome backrest plate to stop it marking it

http://www.spoiledbiker.com/product3175.html

Chears Clarlkegray, i did test ride the 1300 but I felt I was leaning over the tank more than the 950 but with the new seat I feel as though I am back to that posion again but I can live with it always wondered if this seat on a 1300 made you feel like ride a very low v-max without the power of course

I know what you mean, the original handlebars on the 1300 were awful, they made you reach too far forward and hurt your back, shoulders etc... many people changed the handlebars so much so Yamaha changed them in the 2011 version to one's with more pull back. I preferred the 950s riding position but the other half preferred the 1300 pillion position...

I'm currently back to the stock seat whilst the rear Mustang seat is getting modified, and I have to say I hate it. Not only is the Mustang much better, but I didn't realise how much the backrest helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online