engine chugging

zoso1
This post is 4559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My thunderace has started chugging badly at very low revs 1500-2500 (only when warm), it has new plugs with correct spark gap etc. once above these revs it runs smoothly with no probs. Any ideas ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Daft question, have you got two of the plug leads the wrong way round, :eusa_think: I assume it was ok untill you fitted the plugs.

Daft question, have you got two of the plug leads the wrong way round, :eusa_think: I assume it was ok untill you fitted the plugs.

If he'd done that it would be crap all the time, i have a couple of suggestions.

The first one being manners, the second use the intro section. Third and forth can wait a while.

If he'd done that it would be crap all the time, i have a couple of suggestions.

The first one being manners, the second use the intro section. Third and forth can wait a while.

sorry I don't understand?

Yes all plugs tight with correct leads on, they were changed middle of last year and the problem only started a couple of weeks ago. all sorted after winter carbs cleaned, new fuel etc.

Can i ask, would you walk straight up to a group of blokes talking bikes and use the sentance that you used at the top?

ie:"My thunderace has started chugging badly at very low revs 1500-2500 (only when warm), it has new plugs with correct spark gap etc. once above these revs it runs smoothly with no probs. Any ideas ?"

Most likely as most people, you would have started; "Alright lads hows it going etc etc". Then piped up with " Got a bit of trouble with the old thunderace."

That is generally how it works on here, there are no 'must wait for mod approval', or 'first 10 posts are vetted', or 'wait 24hrs to post'. Thats cos the forum kind of sorts its self. You will get a lot more from the members with a bit of an intro in the new members area, where you are, your bike etc. Think of it as the "Alright lads hows it going etc etc", bit.

Not sure yet, I stripped down th EXUP valvejust in case but that seemed to be working ok. Nearly got the carbs stripped when the missus arrived home with the kids so progress from the on was nil!

Thanks for the suggestions

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online