The Work has begun...

AndyBuk
This post is 4475 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Here are a few pics of the little progress I have made so far.

Ignor the missing bolt on the belt guard, wasn't amused when I discoverd that one had fallen off.

Trunk supports fitted in preparation for Tsukayu Strong Trunk

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ghost brackets fitted in preparation for Tsukayu Strong Saddlebags.

3.jpg

4.jpg

I couldn't get the Ghost brackets to align correctly when keeping the original pastic bits that go along the back fender, so I have had to make do without :eusa_doh:

Hopefully more progress will be made on a weekly basis...

...pics finally sorted.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is how the code looks, it appears to use the img tags and I used the add image button, but it is still coming up as a link.... clearly I am making some kind of school boy error here???

[.url="http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii504/acboggs/1.jpg"]1.jpg[/url.]

I added fullstops as the second and second last characters to prevent it from displaying as a link.

cheers for the help posting the pics, especially your last post Airhead (turned out to be a crucial bit of info lol) :eusa_doh:

Looking good. Keep posting the pics :)

Another weekend, and some more progress made.

Was a lot of effort to get the bolts out from the floorboards in order to attach the highway bar, but got there in the end. However I did manage to brake the bolt that attaches the right floorboard, so I will now need to aquire a new bracket as it is the part that has 3 screws attached to it. (Shown at the top of the first picture, which is of the left floorboard).

Bracket Image

10.jpg

Highway Bars (Rear View)

11.jpg

Highway Bars (Front View)

12.jpg

Spot Lamps 1

13.jpg

Spot Lamps 2

14.jpg

I don't like the positioning of the spot lights so need to try somewhere else. Due to the shape of the highway bars, this is proving difficult.

I've made a start on attaching the saddle bags to the ghost brackets, hopefully get it fininshed some time this week (if time allows).

Just be mindful in the bends as I've heard some 1300 owners say they scraped those highway bars in the bends...they do look good though. Agree about the spot lights, can you attach them to the forks?

I remember the first time I scrapped the floorboards, nearly crapped myself lol. Thanks for the advice as it han't crossed my mind yet.

The clamps for the spots aren't big enough to go on the forks. Once I fit the Batwing fairing I will be able to see what room there is on the front, see what options there are. Alternatively I might have a look for other clamps.

Turn the lamps upside down and swing them in to the inside of the bars,,,,,eg. under where your boot will go.

Turn the lamps upside down and swing them in to the inside of the bars,,,,,eg. under where your boot will go.

Is that ok, won't be any problem with electrics running in from the top and rain water?

I had thought about that, but was concerned with the above.

Try sealing the bottom/top where the wires go in with silicone gel/sealant to keep the water out. If ur happy with them in that location you could also drill a drain hole in what would be the botom of the light.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online