XJ6 gearbox & exhaust

FM_BELGIUM
This post is 4479 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys, some advice needed, requested from Belgium (small European country)...

Recently bought an XJ6 (clocked 2000 miles) and have 2 questions.

1. Gearbox. When accelerating hard going from 1st to 2nd gear, the gearbox tends to shift in neutral gear. I've tried quite a bit, pushing the clutch pedal harder with my foot, closing throttle sufficiently, pulling clutch lever sufficiently, though the issue still stands...

Any one already experienced the issue? Any solutions? Thinking of switching clutch lever (TITAX), cause that might be the problem...

2. Exhaust. Willing to replace my exhaust (just the can). Which one would you advice? Thinking of Leovince or Arrow... Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1) is it happening in just that gears or you having troubles gettin it into all of them ?

i had a similar problem with my xj600n, but it was doing it for all gears,

turned out the sproket cover was a wee it to tight at one side and was making the shifter stick..

2) i would suggest ether arrow or something from ixil silencers, one of my mates got one and it has a nice note.

leovince cans are apparently really nice aswell so, just personal preferences i guess . . . when getting an after market can, allways check with the manufacturer to see if you need to make any changes to your bike such as jet's and stuff like that.

Matthew

also, its allways good to intruduce your-self, then more people will be happy to advise you !

All right, thanks for the advice and tip.

I'm from Belgium, riding bikes now for over 8 years. Riding both on track and road.

Concerning the gears, it's only when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear... Don't think it's the sprocket cover though, already checked that...

Thanks for exhaust tips, really considering Leovince...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online