XT 125 X Very poor starting in morning

rivercomm
This post is 4562 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi can any one help

I have a 2006 XT 125 X when trying to start firsthing in the morning, or after it has been standing for a couple of days

it will not start it will fire and cut out and then can take ages to start some times up to 10 min

it doesnt seem to matter if i use elec start or kick

i have tryed the choke in all maner of positions

once it is running its fine and after a couple of min it will restart all day long

it has had a new spark plug, battery, service, valve clearances done and carb has been cleaned

can any one help me !!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi can any one help

I have a 2006 XT 125 X when trying to start firsthing in the morning, or after it has been standing for a couple of days

it will not start it will fire and cut out and then can take ages to start some times up to 10 min

it doesnt seem to matter if i use elec start or kick

i have tryed the choke in all maner of positions

once it is running its fine and after a couple of min it will restart all day long

it has had a new spark plug, battery, service, valve clearances done and carb has been cleaned

can any one help me !!!!!!

When was the last time the oil was changed?

What sort of temperature are we talking outside?

Did this only recently start happening? If so, did you perform any maintenance on the bike prior to this issue?

You've checked for issues such as fuel buildup where it's not supposed to be, water in the manifold, that sort of thing?

You say this is happening specifically after the bike has been sat unused for a while. I'd say that narrows it down a fair bit. I'd say the good money is on it being something that's likely to be happening over time while the bike is sat that would make it hard to start, since you're saying it runs fine the rest of the time.

put no more than a teaspoon of oil in the spark plug hole, crank the engine over 4 or 5 times (without ht lead but with spark plug in) then pop the ht lead back on the spark plug and try to start. if it starts 1st time then u know its the piston rings. if not then start looking for other causes......is the petrol on?....is it set to prime with 1/2 choke?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online