A few little questions (:

Reincarnhate
This post is 4561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Firsty, Hi all; Jak from Hertfordshire, UK - currently on L-plates, hopefully tearing 'em up in May.

Now, a few questions pertaining to minor modifications to my 2009 YBR 125. I've put Metzeler tyres on it, but I need to up the power of the dipped beam headlight bulb to something that actually lets me see further than 3 feet on unlit country roads. Anyone recommend any good bulbs/good wattages to look out for?

thirdly, I want to change out the handgrips and put on Bar-ends, but I've no idea what size grip or what kind of Bar-end will fit, everywhere I look has different information; and I can't find it anywhere in the manual. Any suggestions on what to look out for here?

finally (this is probably going to sound pretty stupid), I've heard from various sources that the stock can on a YBR chokes the engine and hurts performance; Is this true, and how much 'performance' would be gained by fitting something like a GPR system to it?

Thanks all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hmm, had to bump the questions. Cos they have been asked to death TBH. Although its usually the DT/YZR lot wanting more poke.

As far as the headlight goes, don't know TBH. It is not as bad as you think it is some of the old 6v stuff can't light the road to the point your not actually sure its on, i'm not kidding either.

Tyres, personal choice although again on a YBR its a bit of a muchness. So long as they are a reputable make like you have they will be fine.

Performance, its a 125 4 stroke single. The primary restriction is the fact its 125cc, the second is the engine is designed for the 12KW or whatever paltry figure it generates so changing the exhaust will amount to little more than noise.

I know it sucks, i was in the same place 20 years ago with a GP100. There is not a whole lot to get much more poke (although 2 strokes will give more). My choice at the time was get my test then move up. Easier then i know, as a fall back i made sure my bike ran perfectly so i had every hp available and none were wasted on rusty chains or bad brakes.

Then i concentrated on improving my riding, Google 'Keith Code' riding instructor to the greats as many years ago i watched a fellow on a CB400 wet dream humble blokes on CBR and FZR600's. I cetainly couldn't catch him on my LC :icon_redface: Your riding can make up for a LOT of HP if you pick the right roads.

Anyway hope that helps a bit and welcome to the forum.

metzeler are good.

use a 100watt bulb for extra brightness , (don't get caught)

wring it's neck everywhere you go.(don't get caught)

bar ends, 1in i think, i could be wrong though , so screw it to your local shop and ask.(don't get caught)

if you change the exhaust, it's moding your bike, so, don't get caught.

welcome to the madhouse jak.(is that a girls name :eusa_think: )

Life acording to Kev.......

Don't get caught

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online