XVS 125 bigger headlight?

ddlooping
This post is 4472 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all :)

Are there any aftermarket (bigger) headlights for the XVS 125?

Yes there are. You can basically add whatever headlight you want. Most the xvs range seem to be standard fittings, so at most you'd be talking some very minor modifications to fit one. The electrics are limited to a specific volt/amp range, I'm not sure what that range is specifically or how far you can push it to. Maybe someone else can jump in there. But chances are you might have to swap the bulb fixtures around. But I know people who have gone bigger and smaller with headlights on an xvs 125. I've seen at least one 125 that used a highway hawk or similar aftermarket headlight that was a one-size-fits-all for the whole dragstar range.

i thought the original looks too big to be honest lol .......you can get hold of a 100 watt h4 bulb of fleabay that should increase visibility

Cool, thanks, Bob. :)

I'd like to get a bigger one both to increase visibility and for looks (I found that the original one looks too small compared to the rest of the bike)

There's a bit of info in this thread here, if you haven't already read it:

When I first saw the xvs 125 I thought the same as you, that the headlight looks a bit small, but then I got used to it and now to me it's about the right size. Depends what you're going for though. I guess if you want more of the cruiser look then a freight-train sized headlight is desireable, whereas bobbers tend to have smaller headlights, and prostreet chops seem to have those long slender cone lights.

Have you thought about simply getting a headlight assembly from an xvs 650? I seem to remember they're a fair bit bigger.

i thought the original looks too big to be honest lol .......you can get hold of a 100 watt h4 bulb of fleabay that should increase visibility

The Philips XP Moto (X-Treme Power) has great reviews.

It seems like I would need to do some rewiring if moving up to 100W so I'll stick with a better bulb (probably the Philips one). :)

Edit: the Philips X-Treme Power has been superseded byt the X-Treme Vision.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, guys, I forgot to update this thread.

I did get the Philips X-Treme Vision but haven't got around to install it yet.

I'll let you know how it works out when I do. ;)

(When I can actually start riding the bike)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online