Hello from Cornwall. :)

RatBob
This post is 4561 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks, posted already on the forum, but my name is Scott. Nice to meet you all. :)

I currently ride an xvs 125 bobber, gradually changing bits here and there. Basically the whole thing is going to be black, eventually, and the plan is to cut off the silencers, then fabricate some new glass pack straight-throughs. Once the bike's done I'm selling it, as I'm aiming to do my test and get a 250-400.

264770_10150230187086046_553196045_7750848_8253367_n.jpg

There she is in a half finished state. I've since sprayed the engine black, the mudguard is black too, and all the electrics are on and wired up. :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Scott better late than never on the intro lol.

Nice looking bob you have! i too started out on a XVS 125 which i bobbed then moved up to the 650 which is now bobbed lol. one word of warning tho.........i too had a side number plate holder but a little too ken on a left hander and it was soon dragging behind me like a rat on a lead. Don't get me wrong they look good but i think only as a show bike kind of good tho not a practical thing at all.

Also why not get those shocks powder coated white? brake up the black a bit as there is such a thing as too much black! my bike (Betty) has 4 types of black on her to give contrast and a spattering of chrome with gold headers just to brake up the black.

any who keep up the good work!

I've already totalled the side mount once, when I did a lowside round a 90 degree left. Bent it back into shape, replaced the tail light bulb, put a new number plate on, and off I went again. No biggie. I don't believe in "show bike" vs "road bike", I think they're all meant to be ridden, abused, and then later patched up and pampered. That's why to me the average billet barge prostreet bling is "dead", because in my opinion it's only "alive" if the machine is being used.

My inspiration comes from the Japanese bobber scene. I think they've got the right idea about style and looks, for the most part.

As for too much black, my personal view is that pure black bikes are an interesting statement that you rarely see on the roads. Mine however isn't going to be entirely black. I'm gonna put some brown leather grips on there, the seat is being recovered in brown leather, and I'm also gonna be adding a small leather pouch just below the seat. The tank and the air filter are gonna have some artwork and lettering on them related to the name of the bike among other things, but it will be kept pretty simple. I might also go with whitewall paint, but I'm not entirely decided yet. The exhaust will be wrapped. There's going to be a few other colour keys here and there to break it up a bit, but the overall impression is going to be of a simple, mainly black bobber with a vintage flavour.

Black Betty eh?

Your 125 wouldn't happen to have been this Black Betty would it?

I'm taking a lot of my inspiration from this particular bike.

I've already totalled the side mount once, when I did a lowside round a 90 degree left. Bent it back into shape, replaced the tail light bulb, put a new number plate on, and off I went again. No biggie. I don't believe in "show bike" vs "road bike", I think they're all meant to be ridden, abused, and then later patched up and pampered. That's why to me the average billet barge prostreet bling is "dead", because in my opinion it's only "alive" if the machine is being used.

My inspiration comes from the Japanese bobber scene. I think they've got the right idea about style and looks, for the most part.

As for too much black, my personal view is that pure black bikes are an interesting statement that you rarely see on the roads. Mine however isn't going to be entirely black. I'm gonna put some brown leather grips on there, the seat is being recovered in brown leather, and I'm also gonna be adding a small leather pouch just below the seat. The tank and the air filter are gonna have some artwork and lettering on them related to the name of the bike among other things, but it will be kept pretty simple. I might also go with whitewall paint, but I'm not entirely decided yet. The exhaust will be wrapped. There's going to be a few other colour keys here and there to break it up a bit, but the overall impression is going to be of a simple, mainly black bobber with a vintage flavour.

Black Betty eh?

Your 125 wouldn't happen to have been this Black Betty would it?

I'm taking a lot of my inspiration from this particular bike.

Nope my 125 wasn't called any thing as i didn't have her long. Black Betty is my 650 which you can see the project if you click on the link in my Signature.

but i did like that 125 in the vid! very cool

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online