Hello World

AndyBuk
This post is 4566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Just joined the site as its about time to get the 950 Midnight Star out on the road again and thought I should say hi.

I am currently considering if I should self install a set of Hard Saddle Bags, Trunk, Engine Bars, Spot Lights, Batwing Fairing, Auto Com and powerpoints in the Trunk.... OR... to have someone else do it for me.

I did a few small things on the VN900 before I traded it for the Star last summer and had the above parts shipped from the USA.

It doesn't look like I need a lot of tools, but I'm concerned about the drilling of the fiber glass saddle bags and trunk (think thats what they are made from). Also need to think if I want to tamper with the wiring or to have it professionally taken care of.

All this in prep for my 2nd bike trip to Europe (just France this time) and with the mrs on the back space is gonna be a premium, already though about kicking her off the back, but she holds on toooooo tight lol.

Does anyone know if the work mentioned above comes with any hidden pitfalls that I should consider before I begin.

Thanks,

Andrew.

XVS 950A Midnight Star

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Drew" , plenty of videos on u-tube on wiring & fitting , take time and soldering iron, and meter,or test light a must, :jossun:

Thanks guys,

I had the bike out this morning for the first time since the end of last summer (was left asking myself why I've been waiting so long???)

An hour to work this morning and not having to sit in traffic, hopefully should be the same this evening for the return leg.

Already had some t*at switching lane without looking and trying to wipe me out :cussing: .... he got a good honk and a wave of fist for his pleasure, not to mention a good staring down when I overtook him lol (made me feel better anyway).

All I need to do now is get all the new gear fitted to the bike asap :hyper: