New guy with a big headache!

DrAble
This post is 4567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

Firstly wanted to say Hi! Just joined and feeling a bit guilty about posting a question straight away!

Im currently bound to a shed in Nottinghamshire scratching my head to discover why the bike I bought only two weeks ago and run fine now will

not start!

All started Saturday... I had stripped panels of my xtz660 to give everything a good clean before passing my test and getting ready to ride! Passed in the week so I was set to rebuild Sat and get my first ride on my new toy :-) Everything back... no spark ? :-(

I hadn't disconecting anything but battery and cdi unit. Getting power to lights indicators etc... bike turns over but wont give a spark

Im going through the connectors giving them a good clean and ensuring everything is tight, but I have a growing fear that the cdi unit has packed up... seems weird that it was working fine before but stranger things have happended.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated ... and if anyone knows if the CDI is shared with any other models that would be great... been searching model number but it seems to be quiet hard to find a replacement...

Cheers in advance

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Think I should of gone with my gut instict and said a proper hello first. Apologies for not... Happy for the post to be removed if that helps... Will right a proper introduction this evening :-)

Thanks for the patience

Haven't got a clue - Electrical things are all just mystic magic to me....

Hello anyway, though.

Look forward to the intro! ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online