Foot Pegs & controls adjustment - XVS650

Campaman
This post is 4490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is my first cruiser and I have now done around 700 miles since getting it last August and with the better weather approaching I want to make the most of it as I really like the bike, but I have a few possibly stupid queries regarding the riding position.

My Classic has foot pegs rather than the boards that newer ones seem to have and it feels like my feet are slowly slipping sideways off the pegs, I am constantly having to move them back inwards, is this just me or is it actually happening.

I am finding it a bit tight between the peg and gear lever, so I assume its just a matter of adjusting it using the nut and thread on the shaft?

When riding I find I have my right foot above the brake pedal just touching the pedal, is this OK or do I need to adjust the brake pedal?

My left foot ends up between the peg and gear lever touching the lever and as I said thats a bit tight but it does stop that moving sensation I am getting in that foot.

Basically I need some advice on how to adjust the foot control setup to best suit me on a cruiser, I am six foot, average build with size 8 feet, if this information is needed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm 5' 11" with size 11 feet!

You may have noticed that you feel like you have to bend your legs inward, around the engine and tank?

That's normal.

It also results in the moving sensation is mostly just getting comfy and used to the bike. I had that for a while. It goes away pretty quick as you learn to relax into it.

Adjusting the height of the shift lever is easy - It's explained in the owners manual.

Where your feet sit is exactly where I have mine, too.

Just be conscious of not applying the rear brake at all when riding, as you may end up with a constant brake light on, or worse actually be applying it!

If you have concerns, then do adjust (instructions in the manual), but not too much or you won't be able to apply it enough!

Hope that helps some.

Happy riding!

my feet do vibrate side ways when at high speeds......(normally start to go at 85 then at 90-95 im squeezing the tank with my thighs) but i also have short stumpy pegs that i got off my mates race bike.

Again as tasky said you can adjust the leavers as per the manwell so shouldn't be too hard to solve.

Great thanks, the bike didn't come with a manual but I have found and downloaded one, so I will adjust just the gear shifter to start with and see how that feels.

I do find I end up gripping the tank at higher speeds, and on the way home yesterday I made a concious effort to relax more and it did feel a lot better, suppose as you say its like any new bike you need to get the miles under your belt to get familiar with it.

Do some real distance, like 200 miles per day on the motorway (that's what Cruisers are for) and just get settled into the riding style. You'll soon warm to it!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online