sr 125 1998

I4N SR125
This post is 4458 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I don't know your bike very well, but looking at photo's of a yamaha SR 125, 'on google images' the clutch is located under the right hand engine case, the same case as the dip stick is situated, Before you opt for a new set of clutch plates you need to look at the engine/gearbox oil level , clutch cable adjustment and the clutch mechanisum adjustment, my 1970's 175 DT has done 17000 miles and it is still on its first clutch components , so unless your bike has done quite a few more miles or the clutch has been particually abused then I would eliminate all other clutch/gear box problems before I delved into the engine casings.

You also need to find out if 1st gear the only gear that you have a problem with, does your bike also have a problem if you select 2nd gear from neutral and does the bike down/upshift through the gears when on the move, some times on any bike it can be a bit difficult to select first gear as you are slowing down through the gear box and it is better to come to a stop before you select 1st, after all whilst the bike is rolling 1st gear can be a gear to low and 2nd is a better bet to avoid transmission snatching.