XVS 125 Dragstar Milage

Morpheuz
This post is 4556 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering whos got the highest milage Dragstar 125 here?

I'm wondering how far they can go without giving it 2 new pistons and rings.

Or cylinder for that matter.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Proper maintainance, should think 50-60k miles is perfectly possible.

most likely suffer earlier wear than the bigger engines cos they are flogged their entire life but they will still outlast the cycleparts knowing Yamaha.

i got 14k from new then my engine blew up .........but i put that down to poor maintenance and some misguided info from the dealer at the time.

:eusa_doh:

I did say proper maintainance....

yeah ......lol......if you look after the engine then 50-60k miles is more than possible. my engine died due to lack of love.......and oil lol (wont be making that mistake again!)

Seen 82k before and over 100k on a Virago 125...

sweet as . i am going to keep it relativly standard, changing the lights front and rear and having a non standard paint job, but right now i would be happy to have it bloody runnin.......................yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm currently on 23k miles with no issues. Clutch had to be parted manually at one point due to old oil which had turned white!

But that was due to it being sat for a year doing bugger all. And the previous owner didn't have a clue what he was doing. All good now though. :)

I still think the £1550 I paid for it was way too much though. But I've learned for next time to be more cautious of ebay.

When I bought it, it had a mudguard attached on only one side by a piece of aluminium strip, which used to ground out on the tyre because it was mounted to the frame instead of the swinging arm, and a tail light that didn't even work and pointed downwards, an illegal number plate side-mounted on an absolutely enormous piece of aluminium sheet, and no indicators!

In all it's cost me about £550 to put it right.

A good nick 125 Drag should be between £1,500 and £2,000.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online