Heads-up: Shark Evoline series 2 at a good price (?)

ddlooping
This post is 4445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all :)

For those of you looking to buy a decent flip-up helmet there are some Shark Evoline series 2 on eBay at what I believe to be a good price:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bikersbargains/_i.html?_nkw=evoline&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4634

That it all. ;)

(I'm neither the seller nor affiliated with him/her in any way)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I tried one of these a while back as my shoei gets a bit turbulent on the old TDR.

Biggest issue i had was the strongpoints for the flip hinge ment i couldn't get my glasses on. Which is the very reason for looking at flips as far as i can see. (see what i did there)

Oh, sorry. Hope you have better luck than i did.

In fact let me know if you do ok, i'll have another look at them. I see it says series2, so they may have addressed the issue. If so i might well get one myself.

P.S: gathered from a review on revzilla...

*Big Bonus* This helmet handles glasses extremely well. Simply put on the helmet, then slide the glasses through the face - a special area around the temples accommodates the frames (even my thick black frames) very well. To the point where I don't even bother wearing contacts anymore for riding.

http://www.revzilla....ine-2-st-helmet

Hi chaps,

As a former glasses wearer (got the things zapped last month) and an owner of a series 2, I did not have any major discomfort wearing both glasses and helmet, obviously you are aware of your glasses and over a long ride you can feel the pressure on your ears but my major issue was only with riding in the cold / rain and having my glasses steam up.

I don't think you should have any issues, but why not wear the helmet in the house for a while (before taking any labels off) and maybe you could send it back if you have any issues?

Welcome to the forum, Andy, and thanks for the feedback. :)

I've just received the Evoline.

I'm glad I got the medium as it is already quite a tight fit. I guess I have to break it in. :D

I can get the glasses in but it's not very straight-forward. Hopefully I'll get easier with use.

Hi chaps,

As a former glasses wearer (got the things zapped last month) and an owner of a series 2, I did not have any major discomfort wearing both glasses and helmet, obviously you are aware of your glasses and over a long ride you can feel the pressure on your ears but my major issue was only with riding in the cold / rain and having my glasses steam up.

I don't think you should have any issues, but why not wear the helmet in the house for a while (before taking any labels off) and maybe you could send it back if you have any issues?

Lucky sod, my prescription means they can't do mine.

Update:

I've found the bits you're supposed to remove when wearing glasses. :)

There are two small inserts (one in each cheekpad), held in with velcro.

(I have accentuated the contrast to make it clearer)

glasses-insert2.jpg

It makes the aperture wider at this point, making it much easier to slide in a pair of glasses. B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online