New Here, New to bikes, Need some help please.

mjk1130
This post is 4570 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all. I dont really know what i'm getting myself into here but i drug my dads old yamaha out of a barn earlier because i'd like to get it running this summer. The thing hasnt started in my lifetime that i remember (23 years) but it seems to be in good shape. I can assume the gaskets are rotted and gone, all fluids are bad, battery shot. To my surprise tho i was able to pop it into neutral and back into gear, also i stomped the kick start and could hear it pump and it jumped forward. The first question I have is how to read the vin because i have no information on the bike. The vin is ct1 104527, i think, ive read quite a few decoding sites that only do 17 digits and some that have 9 but i couldnt find the prefix ct1, most all started with a number, a Y or a J.... so im lost and turning to those more knowledgeable than myself for help. Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome mjk, sounds like a CT1 .. 125cc trail ,,,, like this,, thata a CT3 ,,, 175

DT175.jpg

2 Wheels: Next time im out to the farm i will snap a pic.

Black Hat: If you ripped a hole in the seat and covered it in dust cob webs and oil I do believe that would be damn near the exact same bike.

Drewpy: Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online