The Dragstars gone

neversaydie
This post is 4483 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sadly, the Draggies gone, written off in the accidnet 3 weeks ago, so its down to one bike only. What a crackin little bike. Went out on the Virago yesterday for the first ride since. Shit, everytime someone was waiting to turn right across the road in front of me I felt like pullin up. Anyone else gone through this:unsure: Lovely weather though, went up around Whitworth/Griffydam/NW leics, ccol but glorious sunshine

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah, I'm fine thanks, looking to get back to work next week after a month off. Must have gone up in the air and come down on back and head, no sliding, no bones broken, just bruisin where my internals hit the rib cage at 30mph

Just pissed off about the bike

Same here, sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you're well! Don't worry about the bike as it can be replaced

When my spokes snapped on my Dragstar & punctured the tyre I dreaded riding it as kept thinking the tyre was going down all the time, but eventually got my confidence back (though have avoided spoked tyres).

Close call N.say.d, makes you wary of every junction / lights etc, eh ,, what actualy happened ? was it the usual Didn"t see you ,,

glad your your on the mend mate,

i lost the rear sprocket on the rd last year, fortunatly the chain didn't wrap around the back cog and spit me off,

when i replaced it it had me thinking ? :eusa_think: is it secure, a couple of days later i was back to my old tricks without a care in the world.

you will be ok son , but just in case, ride safe.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be fine. Did the tyre go quickly or lose it slowly?

Just came from a 60mph zone to a 40 when the rear started 'bouncing' for about 5 secs then fishtailled. Thought we were about to go down but by blind panic & sheer luck we came to a stop just before we spilled... 3 spokes had snapped & punctured tyre (that'll teach me to have the dealer tighten them...)

i know what you mean, i had someone else fit that chain and sprocket for me as i was working?

next time i will do it myself.

You will get over it but also it will make you more aware, I had a head on in a car over about 20 years ago, came round a bend to find some nob in a XR3 on my side of the rode trying to over take a row of seven cars, with no where to go, I stopped, the nob didn't slow down just plowed into me. Broken left foot, broken right heel, full on bruising from seatbelt. (note to self, take feet off peddles if it happens again).

Even now I am very aware everytime I see someone pull out to overtake coming towards me.

Try selling everything and buying another Dragstar!! :D

Sorry to hear this man, but as long as your still breathing and aren't a vegetable then that's all that matters!

Will you get another draggy or you gunna have a think of some other toy?

Sorry to hear this man, but as long as your still breathing and aren't a vegetable then that's all that matters!

Will you get another draggy or you gunna have a think of some other toy?

Ive still got the Viggie, but I need (want according to the charming and lovely woman I have been married to for 32 years) another dragstar for the commute. The 125 was great for that, but Im thinking Ill keep an eye out for a good 250 xvs this time. (when the home climate is a little more favourable)

Glad your ok dude, that draggy is gold in parts, so have them up on ebay or sell the lot to someone for few hundred quid.

Id buy it.

Thanks Morph.

I toyed with buying it back from the insurance co, both for selling parts on and restoring. Couldnt find tank/exhausts at reasonable price second hand anywhere, and new were astronomical. Parts I may have sold on for reasonable cost were the ones shagged on the bike. There wasnt much left of it to make enough back on.

Im still pissed off cos it was in mint nick

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online