Exhaust Baffles

Kasabian
This post is 4511 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there i have done a complete overhaul on my Yamaha RXS 100 and i'm stuck on how to get the baffles out the exhaust pipe, i got the screw out the bottom but cant seem to pull out the baffle, any pointers and advice please?? :) Cheers Kas :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My partner has one of these and even tho he has never done anything with it(apart from ride it a half dozen times if that) he does have the manual for it. Will take a look if I find it and let u know.

Wooooo found it!!! Here it is written word for word as per the manual.

To aid cleaning, the silencer is fitted with a detachable baffle, which is retained by a single scre, at the rear of the silencer. After removal of the screw, the baffle may be withdrawn by applying a stout pair of pliers to the crossbar in the baffle end, and twisting the baffle as necessary.

then it goes on about cleaning and replacing wool etc....to refitting the baffle to ensure the retaining screw is tightened fully because if the screw falls out the baffle will follow!!

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online