Ok I am here, Good!

This post is 4568 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I am in Pakistan. My father bought Japan assembled YB 100 in 1984. I love this bike; my childhood partner.

I want to keep this bike in top running condition and as well as in top shape ie body-wise. I am not able to do so, that is why I joined this group.

People here were asking me to buy honda now but I refused.

I have got new parts of engine and remoulded ie repaired the engine covering as it was throwing up some oil into the piston chamber and also oil was dripping from it.

It runs very fine and oil consumption is good, but the problem is what I have posted in workbench forum. Oil pump is not working and therefore I am putting oil in the petrol tank, whenever I fill it; but engine got ceased again just yesterday as I was running my bike above 60 Km/ hr. And that is dangerous.

I want my bike to be in best condition I can keep it. And tell you what, it still beats many bike on that track of mine, ie, that road I take to my work in the morning.

By the way, I am software engineer.

I will learn to take care of my bike myself, by gaining knowledge from you guys and by doing mechanic's job myself.

I love my Yamaha :)

Adil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome adil " :welcome: is is seizing on full throttle ? if so up the main jet, as will be too lean,[ mixture] , what colour was plug ?

Thank you all for warm welcome!

Well I just put 2 liters petrol along with some 100 ml mobile oil in it. I did not check the colour of the spark plug :(. It is running fine but feels like minor vibration on more speed. Today I had run it very fast again but it didnot ceased nor the engine was very hot after I reached my office. And it is a good 13 minutes drive to it.

Yes, is is seizing when I maintain speed for some minutes on or near full throtle. This happens only when no smoke is coming out of silencer. So it has to do with mobile oil mixing. Many days ago I had gone to mechanic and he took out the plug to see it. I had got new clutch plates and had some repairs that I mentioned above. It was running well with one seizure had occured due to my fault. The color was reddish and it was dry even when I had mixed mobile oil in the petrol. The mechanic said that it was in good shape.

Thanks,

Adil

Airhead I cannot stand Hondas and other chinese bike available here beating my Yamaha.

I want to have it in top-notch shape. I know it is possible.

And

Drewpy and blackhat250 do I need to see plug colour and tell it to you?

I know that all you folks can guide me :)

Thanks,

Adil

Hi Adil, I,m just looking at Pakistan on Google maps, where about are you?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online