xj600 led indicator problem

pinhead123
This post is 4570 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

I have myself a yamaha xj600 s diversion 1993 model and i decided to change the origanal indicators to led ones ( front and rear)

Now i have fitted the led indicators and put a resistor on each of the indicators to make it flash at a normal speed but when i turn my headlight on the led's become bairly visible but when i turn the headlight off the indicators work normally and a bright.

I am thinking of going down the line of getting a led flasher relay but not sure what to get. I looked at the origanal one in the bike and it has a clip in 3 prong single connector with 3 wires coming out of it.

Would getting a led flasher relay solve the issue with the indicators when the headlight is switched on and what relay should i get.

I do not mind soldering or splicing wires ect.

I have been searching the forums and the net and have had no result so any help would be appricated and i need to get it working so i can go down to wales at the weekend!

Regards

Pin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online