Top Case for XJ6

dand
This post is 4434 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I'm looking for a top box/case for my XJ6, I already have the rack, but I don't really want to pay yamaha prices for a box as it won't get used very often.

I have found http://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk/givi-topbox-rack-for-yamaha-xj6a-and-diversion-09-p-20026.html , but just wondered if anyone else had fitted a non-yam one and if so who's make and how much?

All advice appreciated as always.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

top boxes are usually easy to fit. Its just getting the right size for the bike.

I bought a cheapy one for a tour a few years ago for the xs and was easy to fit. They are pretty universal in fitment. Givi are a good make :thumb:

I had a Givi E450(?) for my Fazer which was good, so good I put it on my Honda Sh300 instead of the Honda topbox. Mine holds 2 full face helmets and is removable in about 2 seconds for when its not needed.

Ok thanks, I have a Yamaha Rack already, will a Givi box fit this or should I have bought the Givi rack?

Yamaha, givi monolock and kappa monolock fit this box with no further mods.

There are always kappa monolock top-cases on ebay for £50 up.

Yamaha, givi monolock and kappa monolock fit this box with no further mods.

There are always kappa monolock top-cases on ebay for £50 up.

Do you mean fit this rack (Yamaha) not fix this box?