Xt125r digital display

Dogmi
This post is 791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've just had to put a new battery on my xt125r and all of a sudden my digital display won't work,every thing else is fine. I have to add that the bike sat still throughout the winter which is why the battery died. Any thoughts

Thanks and regards

Dogmi

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dont know the bike dogmi but check the battery connections are good and not disconnected or broken. Check any fuses with a multimeter. Measure the 'new' battery voltage it should be more than 12v, charge it anyway and see how it goes?

Thanks for the suggestions airhead, I have tried the obvious and will have to get a manual, I have a feeling there may be a lithium battery in the display headl that backs up the memory info I.e mileage etc so maybe this are also issues with this as there is even nothing without kicking over the engine"...........I'm lost and it's frustrating to think this will cost a good percentage of the value of the bike.

Hey ho

Regards

Dogmi

• 9 years later...