New Member, introducing myself.

Revolver
This post is 4574 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

G'day everybody. I am John ,living in New Zealand ,currently the fresh owner of a FZ 750 YAMAHA (of course) race/track bike :hyper: . I picked it up for a fair price but its not meant to be getting exercise with no lights ,gauges, reg. warrant of fitness (legal cert. for use on the rd.) ,nor sound warning device(horn).I can assure all it runs as well as when new! :ph34r:

Any way I started to read about a guy fitting FZR parts to his Fz750 and got wrapped up in the story as he went about it with an interestingly difficult approach . I have to applaude his topic, the pictures that went on it, and the tenacious application to altering stuff until a result was had. Also to his methodical account of progress along the journey.

Its a bit short that no pics of the sprockets from behind to show the misalignment achieved by changing to a nice fat wheel and swingarm . So I was tempted to join to ask him how it turned out with the project; as a kiwi rider reported that with the fat wheel and swingarm his machine was harder to turn into corners ? I never tried it so cant confirm.

IT is very good to find a "current forum" which usually move with the times. Dropping interest in the ageing models ,staying with latest production models . I have happily found my new friends to be broad minded and all encompassing. Bit like a biker event where everyone turns up on anything they can get , just to be there! :eusa_think:

In similar fashion its good to be here!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.