aerox help please????

aerox help
This post is 4405 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody hope all is well. I bought a 2003 aerox last week and everything seemed fine, was hitting 60 no problem. Then a day or 2 later it started playing up a little, now it doesn't accelerate properly and won't go over 25? The back brake seems strange when I press it compared to the front as though its not doing anything, does this mean its seized up? I've also noticed a small leak from the casing round the bit with the spark plug I think its the cylinder head?? What's that mean? Is it bad? Thanks for reading and all help is greatly appreciated. :-)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

looks like it needs a bit of TLC on the rear, are they disk or drums?

if disk the brake could have seized on, check by feeling for heat (don't touch, coz you may burn your hand if it is seized)

if it is a drum brake, the return springs may have become slack and cause the shoes to rub against the drum.

renew the head gasket, easy repair, but you need a torque wrench to correctly tighten down the head.

A friend of mine has sorted the brake now cheers, I decided to clean air filter today and noticed there's no sponge?? Surely it should have 1?? P.s. how do I check my oil + water pump? My temp gauge isn't working I've noticed a wire hanging down near the head, is this for my temp gauge? It looks disconnected, not broken??

Thanks in advance for any help :-)

• 5 months later...

yeah there should be a little coonector in the head for the temp sensor. personallyinstead of replacing the foam id buy a proformance air filter. they have offers on at adrenaline pedstop for pippercross air filters going at £6.50 http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/cp-Pod_Filters-6024.aspx