1973 125 At3 clutch problem

wick112
This post is 4571 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've got a 73 at3 125 that runs great but won't go into gear. I've pulled both side covers off. I can get the clutch push rod out on the right side (I'm almost positive it's a two piece rod with a ball) but the other rod seems to be stuck. If I turn the the adjustment screw it appears to push the rod some. Am I missing something? Is there anything else that could be holding the rod in place? any help would be great!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How long was the dt standing ? the plates could be stuck together , :eusa_think:

It's been sitting at least 15 years! I pulled the plates off and separated them. I finally got both push rods out and the ball. Put it all back together and still getting the same thing.

It seems to go thru the gears fine. I would think if the transmission was locked up I wouldn't be able to get it back in neutral. I don't know what to try next

do this,

slacken the cable adjuster.

Then adjust the clutch adjuster until the pushrod meets the pressure plate and resistance is felt

back off the adjuster 1/8 turn and do up locknut

Adjust cable adjuster for 3mm free play at the lever end

All this is just a guess but may help

I'm now able to shift gears! Now the only problem I have is that I can't get it to shift back into neutral while it's running. Once I turn off the bike it shifts in to neutral just fine. Any ideas?

Clutch drag?

Now its running have you adjusted the clutch again, as now it has actually run all the parts will have settled after the initial set up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online