Finding tyres for my 1970 Yamaha L2G 100cc

dr_slorn
This post is 4581 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello fellow Yamaha riders,

I am having difficulty finding tyres for my L2G.

(This is the exact bike)

Yamaha_100_L2G_Street_foto2.jpg

I live in Melbourne, Australia and the local japanese motorcycle mechanic can't find any tyres to suit my bike. The old Yokahamas (I think they're the original tyres the bike rolled out of the factory with) are 2.50 - 18" size and I was wondering if these Michelins will fit:

http://motorcycle.michelin.com.au/twproduct/findProduct/moreProduct/20

These would fit my bike, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

-Reg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Reg-

I could not find Yokohamas for a reasonable price for my restoration, but after diligent search I purchased Kenda tyres with a very similar profile on ebay. I looked at Michelins but liked the profile on the Kendas better. A quick search did not reveal any in the size you are looking for, but I did not search for long. You might have better luck.

Cheers,

Richard

Judging by the Kenda website they don't make this particular size anymore. I'm not fussed about how they look but need to find out if there are any other measurements aside from the 2.50 - 18' I need to know about before ordering a set of michelins. When I asked the local harley store (also michelin dealer) to order the M45 tyres in they asked me for the width meausurement. Is this for the rim or the tyre?

Ahhh! So close to being on the road I just need these tyres!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online