Aerox 100 headlight not working

TJS
This post is 4597 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had a wierd thing happen a while back. It was a stinking hot day (approx 40 degrees C at 6pm).

Was riding along at about 60kmh and the scoot just died. No spluttering. Just complete and immediate loss of all power. Suspected it was electrical but the thing started easily and off I went. Same thing happened again that night and as per previous time, started again no problems.

Since then the headlight has stopped working. Doesn't work on either lo or hi and the dash illumiination doesn't come on either for the two dials. Indicators and brake light work fine and bikes starts and runs perfectly.

I've checked:

-Light switch continuity (ok)

-hi/lo witch conitnuity (ok)

-lighting coil resistance (ok)

-headlight bulb (ok)

Have checked voltage at headlight bulb connector and is very low (<1). I assume it is supposed be more like 12.

Could there be an issue with the rectifier/regulator? battery is charging ok so I discounted that at first, but am running out of options. The owners manual doesn't tell you how to test the regulator/rectifier so I'd love to hear some ideas.

Have also noticed the wires from the light/starter switch get quite warm when the bike is running - is this normal or could it be a result of the current issue?

Appreciate any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.