TDM900 advice needed

Speed Devil
This post is 4396 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ever since I bought the bike (2nd hand with 984km on the clock) it has been very "snatchy" when opening the throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear with the clutch fully engaged. My chain tension is set correctly, actually slightly tighter than recommended in the manual.

Also when lane splitting in 1st and 2nd gear the bike seems to have a "hunting effect". This mainly happens when the bike gets up to speed and I have have to maintain a constant speed, usually between 2000-3500rpm, where not much throttle is needed to maintain speed.

I suspect that there might be too much play in the gearbox. I know that there should be some play, but compared to other bikes I have ridden none of them have been this bad.

Also when releasing the clutch, it seems to start engaging, and when release all the way it feels as if the clutch "jumps out" all the way. I also have a shudder when releasing the clutch.

If anyone owns or has owned a TDM900 and can shed some light on these issues I would be very greatful.

• 6 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online