Dt tick-over/running problems (1997)

Dt1WHO5R
This post is 4586 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I took my bike out for a long ride to Kilburn on the weekend, everything was running fine. On the return journey it started to loose power at low revs and I would have to keep pumping the throttle to keep her alive! I made it home and stopped off at the shop, when I came to start the bike it wouldn't kick over unless on choke, the engine was easily warm enough. Eventually after kicking it up for about 10mins it started but I needed to keep pumping throttle as before. I checked the spark plug and a bit of smoke came from the hole in the top of engine. Plug was black, changed it, made no difference, checked air filter and carb, both ok.

I've now run out of ideas as im not too knowledgeable about bikes.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Toby

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As he says dtrwho" Also how long was it standing [ all winter] before the ride, I had this problem at week end, exactly the same, on run home[ after 20mls] The bike spluttered of bottom end, and hardle started when home , drained float bowls[ carbs] and there was water globules or the like in fuel, changes petrol , and right as rain now,, :jossun:

Had the carb in bits yesterday and gave it all a blast with carb cleaner, no noticeable deposits were removed, but after putting her back together she was sweet as a nut!

Many thanks for the help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online