Just saying Hi 8)

Elffie
This post is 4457 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought I'd say Hi from a lovely sunny Coventry :thumb:

I am new to biking having just done my CBT and finished it yesterday. Doing DAS so next step in a couple of weeks is on a 600 and around the Mod 1 pad. Should be fun

Theory test on 13th march, have checked its not a Friday !

So yesterday I dragged the other half round a couple of bike shops to his dismay, and spotted a poor little Yamaha SR125 all dusty and sulking.

Apparently it had been ridden into the shop, not literally, and the guy had just put it in the back and left it...6 months ago.

Told me I could have it for £120 delivered, as he can't be bothered to mess with it.

Doesn't run now, but it did when he got it ..... hmmm lol

That didn't put me off, I mean come on a Haynes manual and a hammer, what can I do wrong ? haha...BTW Im not allowed hammers, think its something to do with whacking stuff if they don't work... :rolleyes:

So anyways, my new poorly boy ... is arriving on Thursday. And let the project begin...

So if anyone feels the need to throw in any help and advice, I will be happy to hear..unless you say throw him in the skip !!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: Elffie

good buy there, give it a service and probably have to strip the carbs as full of gunge (modern ethanol fuel to blame)

Thanks guys... the bloke I got it from has just said today that it is probably the carbs, so I think I will start there....or should I say attempt to start there :babyha:

He has arrived in the back yard, no life in him whatsoever, so Im going to get the battery off, that has to be an easy job lol and get it on charge or new one put on, Think Ill find another spot on the forum and get some pics up and a progress report, that should make for some hilarious reading to the knowledgeable ones out there :eusa_doh:

Welcome Elfie " yip , fuel will be the biggest problem, [if it was running before] empy the tank as well , fresh gas " and battery , she"l be a go-err :jossun:

Welcome to the YOC

Have patience and faith,,,,,,, she will be a great wee bike