It Lives!

drewpy
This post is 4589 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just put the engine in the Aprilia SR50 and the engines runs!

that's a relief, not the same when it is someone else's motor.

bought a cheap barrel and piston kit from Poland via eBay and had to modify/chamfer the ports a bit and got a spannie off gumtree for a 125 and got that to fit with a bit of welding.

Carb spews out fuel on over flow, so need to check that and just need to dial in the jetting.

hopefully the Mallossi variator mod will work as advertised!

need to strip the front caliper and paint it and bleed brakes new fork oil etc and should be good to go!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im sure im not the only one thinking this... Drewpy, why on earth have you bought a hairdryer? if you wanted something that makes a lot of noise but doesnt really do much you could of had my ex missus.

as I've said in the text, its not mine I'm doing it for a friend and learn about mending hair dryers :)

its been interesting especially the variator side and how it works!

Aha drewps " the joys of a stroker, wots this variator ?

its a CVT, but you need to tune it to the revs vs power of the engine.

the front variator has rollers in it ( different weights to alter acceleration characteristics, engine side) which push the two halves together forcing the V belt to rise and gives it the final top speed. the rear has a clutch/variator operated by centrifugal force which I put a stronger Red contra spring in. this holds the other variator at the back down to keep engine revs up. then there's' the clutch springs themselves which pull against centrifuge so bites at certain revs. too early and the motor will bog being out of its power band, too late and it'll rev its arse off.

its quite a setup!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online