can any one tell me what this thing is???

jimmythemoonlight
This post is 4575 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i am confused-generally, whats this thing here for ?? the thing i am pointing.. at it looks like a wire was once connected to this, what why where does it need to be ?? i would hasard a guess and lean towards a sender for oil pressure but i dont know please help. i cant take reference from my old engine as this had a whole load of bits missin, heres a few pics, note the highway hawk straight through system that i bought for £90 quid , and the recently shot blasted tank, and the side panels freshly sprayed....yes its going to be battleship greyth_008.jpg

th_007.jpgth_003.jpgth_002.jpgth_001.jpgth_004.jpgth_005.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

neutral switch i would think?

yes just checked in the manual it's neutral switch

check your manual jimmy

bloody marvalous thanks airhead!! i thought i had not been able to find it in my manual due to the fact i didnt know what i was looking for, i am not quite fluent with wire diagrams, i looked at the diagram that showed it connected to the pick up coil, i then went on ebay looking for a pick up coil to get an idea of what that looked like and hey presto,had a look at my coil, i found i wire that looks like it would go straight on it . smashin. i supose to the more experienced bike technician its a relitively simple thing to deal with but for me that was a real eurika moment, thanks once again .

• 2 weeks later...

Yuh know cobber it often is a matter of 'what is that wire pointing toward?' i.e., the gearbox ,and the sprocket area(in this case).

then what electric devices are associated wit the gearbox. Almost self explanatory after several years fr#**in about with this sort

of job. Of course you need to know your machine a little.So did it have a gear position indicator on the dashboard? Although you

know now its only a neutral gear pos. switch.

My assertion is that in future if in doubt ask , yet you can have a fairly accurate idea to begin with via some sleuthing the location

and assoc. components.

I'm new here..and a b%#*dy foreigner.So pardon me if I'm off target or offensive? No intention to be so... Happy motorcycling.

That thing you're pointing at..... That's your engine, mate!!

That's what makes the bike go.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online