Ybr fuel gauge issue

bikernewby
This post is 4443 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys and gals,

Here goes...... I just filled my Ybr125 up at petty station. The fuel gauge is still showing empty unless the bike is lent on its stand. Before I filled up i know it was empty as it took £12 to fill. Anybody ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks for your help

Keep on rollin

Lee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

If your fuel gauge works when the bike is on its side stand then I would suspect the fuel gauge sender unit in the tank. My 900 Divi did the same trick on me, the fault was that the fuel gauge sender had become worn on the float arm pivot, a new sender sorted it. I rode the bike for a week to use up most of the petrol in the tank this left less than a gallon in the bike which was easier to drain, once the tank was off the bike and the sender was removed, wear on the pivot was very obvious, You can most likley prove that wiring to the gauge is not faulty before you remove the tank by checking that the fuel gauge shows full when the sender unit wires make contact with each other. But you would be wise to check the wiring diagram first.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online