NSR Wheels on my DT125RE?

Keiran95
This post is 4600 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Iv never heard this one before? I know tdr 125 wheels fit straight on though.

That's a new on for me also, will the tdr wheels fit straight on without any changes of forks ect? Because I have been told that the forks on the dt RE are not wide enough for the supermoto wheels?? I just want someone to confirm what sport wheels I can easily fit without much messing about

Iv also heard of people buying a whole dtx front end, forks, brakes, wheel etc and slotting them straight into the original yokes, the back will fit straight in. I dont understand what you mean by not wide enough? The dtx ones are the same width as the re ones and have supermoto wheels.

For the tdr wheels to fit (if you like the solid look and not spokes) you will probably need some spacers, its been a while since iv looked so cant quite remember but i know its been done a lot. Google it?

dt125.jpg

This bike is one i know of with a dtx pair of forks slotted in, would be the same for the re.

It seems a lot of hassle for what its worth though if im honest, why not fit avon distanzias if you want road tyres? Or is it just for looks?