dt125 brake caliper probs

baldrick
This post is 6969 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:P im very new to this forum so i apologise in advance for not nowing how it works and my spelling.

the rear brake caliper on my dt125lc is knackered and i cant find 1, will a front caliper fit? would i have to make a plate to hold the it in place?

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:P im very new to this forum so i apologise in advance for not nowing how it works and my spelling.

the rear brake caliper on my dt125lc is knackered and i cant find 1, will a front caliper fit? would i have to make a plate to hold the it in place?

cheers

are you sure its a DT125Lc? The dt125lc's have a rear drum brake. The dt125R has a rear caliper.

What year is your bike??

• 3 weeks later...

im not sure of the year of my bike, i bought it as a scrapper in order to chop off the front end for a trike but after cleaning and a few mods i got it running. i had a dt125lc when i was a teenager, apart from the brakes it looks the same. i have took of the front brake to put on the back but the braket spacer that holds it is snapped(the reason it has no rear brake) ive made a new braket and put a rear brake on so iv no front brake now.

im having probs with the carb now tho, ive stripped and cleaned it but no fuel is coming throu it.

all the jets are clear but nothing, using a drip into the rubber carb mount, the bike runs but the carb doesnt.

any advice.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online