Hello from Prescott, AZ!

cmfj1979
This post is 4603 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

I just bought a 1981 Yamaha 550 Maxim and I want to customize it! The bike is stock and in great condition, but im really tall so I need to make adjustments as well as some cosmetic upgrades. Right now my handlebars are to small so I want to install 12inch ape hangers, I think its 7/8 bars but im not sure. Also all the switch housings, brake and clutch etc etc on the handlebars are broken and worn and I would like to replace EVERYTHING on the handlebars with CHROME! The speedometer works but the tac does not so I would also like to replace both with chrome as well. So my question is, where can I get these things and how do I know if it will wire up and fit? I don't mind if it ends up being expensive, I want to make this bike my own but I have no idea where to start and I don't want to start ordering stuff that wont fit or work! Any advice would be great!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Cmfj " , Ebay " or bike breakers , The cable leanths could be a problem, also switch wire" s ,,, search ing for parts is half the fun of any rebuild or resto, enjoy

:welcome: to the YOC,

get your 7/8" handlebars first as you'll need to rewire the controls to get the length

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online