Ybr 125 key not turning, Cant Start her up

YBRboy
This post is 4524 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

First post here, I was just about to start my ybr 125 (2011), When i tried to put the key in it was very stiff and wasnt going in, So oiled the key and the ignition bit on the bike as well. The key goes in but i am unable to turn it to disable the Steering lock and start the bike up, Really annoyed had a busy day planned ahead. The bike was working fine yesterday

i am still under warranty, do you guys think that this is a warranty issue ?

Any feedback/ help will be appreciated,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can I just say - DON'T USE WD40 IN LOCKS!

Dust and general crap ends up sticking to the WD over time and you end up with a gunged-up lock - ask me how I know this.... Get down to your local locksmiths (not a cobbler who cuts keys) and they'll sell you proper lock lube, usually dry graphite based. You can get away with a squirt of silicone spray lube, but even that is pushing it.

Now - you had a frozen lock, you melted the ice by pouring hot water over it, then it refroze, have you tried heating the key up before putting it in the lock?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online