1990 xj600 main jets

ShaunnieVDZ
This post is 4466 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone

Just joined so would like to say Hi and also pick your brains.

1. Does anyone know main jet size for 1990 xj600 pre Diversion, I`m running individual s&b filters and Neta exhaust.

2. All summer bike has been running fine but now in winter when using choke it smells petroly and doesn`t want run properly as soon as stop using choke and keep it going on throttle it clears up?

Lovely bike really glad I bought it, just a few niggles

Cheers if you can help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1) can't comment as ive never had my XJ carbs apart, best thing to do is perform a plug chop (put the bike under load, i.e. give it a blast and when you are at full throttle hit the kill switch and pull the clutch in whilst coasting to the side of the road, remove the spark plug and it should look chocolatey brown if the mixture is correct, if it is black on the tip you require smaller jets, if it is white the mixture is weak and you require larger jets, do not run with a weak mixture as this will damage your bike)

2) that is the purpose of the choke, when starting from cold the engine requires more petrol, the smell you are experiancing is because not all of the petrol is being burnt, once it is up to temperature the choke should be released to restore the fuel/air mixture to its correct ratio