hello from the western isles and the owner of the most rotten ty in the world!!

toby1a
This post is 4605 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello

my names toby and ive recently started an bit of an overhaul on my very ratty ty250 pinky, which decide last week that it was officially dead after 19 years of abuse and salt air of the isles. So theres no doubt im gonna be on here a lot looking for bits or confirmation that bits of other bikes will work on it but the main reason im here is that i cant find the one bit that keeps my bike out of service: the cdi!!!!

i was wondering if by any chance anyone knew of anywhere selling two stroke 250 cc cdis or has one for sale? that might work to get the engine going

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

might be worth asking here toby, worth having as a contact anyhow

http://www.tytrials.co.uk/

see if theres a parts list in the sticky 'Parts manuals for yamaha bikes', there is often useful service data in the back of those books, part numbers may also be useful. I bet it's not easy trying to get stuff sent to the islands is it?

Welcome toby ,, what isle are you on ? I dind"t think TY250"s were CDI , :eusa_think: ,, theres a member on here called Speedshop, they do replica C.D.I units for most,, :jossun:

hey black hat im on a wonderful scrap of nowhere named benbecula and for the most part your right TY250s had point ignition but that changed when the mono-shocks came out in the mid eighty's and the pinky that ive got came out towards the end of yamahas trials empire

ive not just got the only pinky in the entire of benbecula ive got the ONLY ty 250 pinky in the entire of lewis, harris, uists, barra that isnt forgotten about/ fossilised in a peat bog somewhere!!!! were a bit short on penguins as well. mostly puffins weve got