Trip

Vee417
This post is 4609 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was in touch with a mate a few days ago and kind of approached the subject of taking a week off from the rat race and doing a bit of touring around the emerald isle to visit a few mates and generally have a good old time. Needless to say he took me up on the offer {what more could you ask for good roads, friendly locals, and proper guinness not to mention some of the grub}. I was kind of thinking about the trip today and It suddenly dawned on me that I’m absolutely useless at figuring out what I need to take with me {don’t get me wrong I’ve got it right sometimes and got it biblically wrong on other occasions}.

Hence why I’m asking this question to everybody

Q} what does everybody on here take with them for about a week minimum.

What luggage I intend on using.

Tank pack: Kriega Tank with a Kriega US10 {for those need to get quickly items, you know the sort wallet, phone, camera, documents, keys etc}

Tail pack: Kriega US20 {main body} with two Kriega US10’s {1x left hand side, 1x right hand side}

That brings me to a total of 50 litres of luggage space, hopefully with a bit of careful packing that should be plenty.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What time a year ya goin ?

Ya have plenty a storage space.

Ya dont need much as ya wont wear half da stuff ya pack.

Camping or not ?

Reliable bike ? Do ya need tools ?

Plan ur trip.

Money,,,Money,,,Money !

Are ye goin round da hole Island ? Where will ye be landin,,,,ferry wise ?

bring some RAIN GEAR ,,,,, good stuff, if ya dont then da wind will tear your shite gear and you will get wet.

But ye could get lucky and it might be lovely weather, its a totaly ditterent place in da nice weather

Look instead at what stuff you need to pack and assemble your luggage around that.

Typically, I'll have a 45L rucksack that gets bungied tight to my tie-down points. Makes for a nice backrest, actually.

Also available, I have an 80L military rucksacky-suitcase thing (weird limited issue thing), a Hein Gericke tank bag, a pair of big saddlebags and a small selection of Maxpedition kit. I've never used more than about half of that at any one time.

For camp tours I'll take a tent and sleeping bag. If the Mrs is coming I have to strap down a wealth of extra comfort things, like camp beds, rollmats, fancy stoves and half a kitchen. She's a hardy rider but not a hardy camper.

If you're staying in hotels/B&Bs then you have more room for luxuries like spare footwear, smart clothes and can plan around having somewhere to hang any wet kit.

For a week in the field all you will need is some jonnies and a doggin bag. O sorry wrong subject..........

Just take socks, skid pants, pair of trousers n a t-shirt and beers tokens and wet weather gera ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online