Yamaha dtr125 no spark!!

Jonesey_95
This post is 4358 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, new to this forum and this is my first post and i really hope you can help with my problem. i've just purchased a 2000 dtr125 as a project, it had been converted to off road use by the previous owner who obviously didnt have a clue what he was doing! and now it has no spark and wont fire, the ignition and kill switch are both missing at the moment, so any help with what the problem could be will be much appreciated :spin2: :spin2: thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 months later...

Hi, im new tyo this forum also, but i do know that there is an ignition spark relay switch under the seat at the rear left of the frame, it is held in place by a black square rubber hanger. There are 4 wires connected by a block connector that fit into it, it is one of the daftest places to hang a relay switch as it is open to all the dirt and water that the back wheel kicks up. Ive repaired a few DTRs with this problem and i always relocate the relay switch to the top of the air box under the seat, this keeps it nice and dry and out of the road dirt. Its only £10/£12. Check to see that the relay is still present, chances are that it may need to be replaced.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online