Half way there - no your not

no vice
This post is 4597 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

You wont believe what happened to me today and I've only just managed to calm down. I can also imagine the sympathy I will get (or not) when you read the rest of this post.

Module 2 test was booked for today at 10:09

Met with my instructor early at 8.00am for a good hours touring as it was quite cold and wanted to check out the roads.We then went off to the test centre but mid journey I had to swap gloves with a spare pair that my instructor had. We arrived well in time at about 9.50. Outside the test centre we had a last minute chat and i decided to go back to using my gloves so we swapped the kit over and I took off my headset and radio and helmet.Walked into the test centre quite calm ready to be called. Then realised - no bike key.

Spent the next 15 minutes checking every pocket with all my gear off, the bike, outside where we had been talking, all to no avail. Even the examiner came out to look for the key. Anyway I was timed out and couldnt take my test. Now there are 2 options. (1) I left the key in the bike and some git thought it would be a laugh to nick the key but not the bike. however I am paranoid about keys and I'm sure I didnt leave it in the ignition, or (2) I left it outside when sorting out my gear and again someone decided to pick it up and walk off or just kicked it somewhere across the carpark.

I was extremely mad as i had to forfeit the test but more that I had let my instructor down and have caused him the grief of changing the locks on the bike. Added the fact that he had to do a 20 mile round trip to collect a spare key.

Not sure now if this is a test fail and I will have to wait to re-book or if I can take the next available cancellation. Will need a few beers tonight

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I always leave the key in the bike. I have to make a conciuos decision to take it out of the ignition and decide which zip to put it in and continually check its still there and not flung out with the snot rag!

so, you were nervous and had other things to think about, shit happens so move on.

i second the above, you arent the first this has haened to and you wont be the last, luckily it didnt happen to me on my test but it happened to another student a few weeks before me,

rebook, show 'em your balls (not literally, there are laws against that)

Hard luck, dude.

Ignore some of the harsher tossers' comments above. It's just one of those things.

TBH, it's the instructor's bike. He should have made sure you held on to the key as much as you. Our local MAG rep is an instructor himself and the number of times he's checked before the test (for this very reason) only to find the student had forgotten is quite common.

Move past it, rebook and get that licence, mate!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies folks.

Got on the trainers Kawasaki 500 today and took my mod 2 test at last (test was cancelled last week due to snow). Great weather for a ride this morning, and 40 minutes seemed like 15 at the most. Got back to the test centre office and I had passed. Only 1 fault and that was on the first question. Christ who gets faults on the questions?Apparently I mis-heard him and gave a perfect answer but to another question.

Great ride back to the training site and now I need to look out for a new bike. Dont want a sports profile - something a bit more upright for these old bones.

Why are you posting on here when you should be out laying down some rubber? :P

congrats mate, still remember the feeling i got from those first two words of my biking adventure, "you've passed"

XJ600 is a good bet, fast enough to give you a thrill, forgiving and almost cheaper than walking

Hoo-rah, congrats!

What was the question/what did you think he said?

Hoo-rah, congrats!

What was the question/what did you think he said?

Where do you put the key to start the bike? :D lol

Lol

YUP!

Poor bloke.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online