I hate this part!

P4LMS
This post is 4398 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone help me?!

Does anyone know of any good/cheap UK insurance companies. I am 18 and will have 2 year no claims in april. I'm on the verge of passing my full license and am looking to purchase an R6 in spring and have it restriceted to 33BHP (which is a shame on such a great bike).

Am I dreaming or is it possbile to achieve??

Thanks P4LMS

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try Devitt, they are a brokers so should be cheaper than a big name, but i would think you will be looking at near on over a grand due to your age. the restriction wont help as its a powerful bike and your age will go against you due to being in the "drives like a twat" catagory. (not saying you do but thats how thay will see it)

MCE told me when I took the 33bhp restriction off my bike that they don't charge extra for 33bhp restrictions [this was after they had already charged me £300 for it on the internet when I bought the policy]. MCE also told me when I de-restricted my 50cc scooter years ago that it didn't matter and didn't charge any extra.

Could be worth a call to the companies rather than just buying on the net.

Thank you for the adivce. It is a real shame that everyone my age gets tarred with the same brush when it's only a small minority that are stupid!

However, I will try all three and see how i get on :D

Many thanks

Harry

• 4 weeks later...

18 and an R6 - be prepared to pay through the nose!

Unfortunately, it is the d!ckheads that ruin it for the rest of us, as always!

Good luck; I'd suggest MCE, as I have had good experiences with them myself. CN used to be good, but not for me anymore???

• 2 weeks later...

18 and an R6 - be prepared to pay through the nose!

True that - i was 18 with 2 years ncb when i got insured on my XJ600N for £340 fully comp, my suggestion would be choose another bike for your restriction, what the point on havign a bike with the power of a r6 when its restriced to 33? :/

• Like 1