Hi from Australia

Rob Bellamy
This post is 4614 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone,

I am from Sydney, Australia and recently bought a non-starter 1981 XT250 for $360 as my first bike.

I have been inspired by the awesome cafe racers at Deus Ex Machina and decided to build my own.

I have no experience in mechanics other than a love of lego and mechano from my childhood.

Cheers,

Rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Rob

Good luck, hope your project goes well, I would get a manual for the bike and take loads of picks as you go,(easier to put the lot back together)

If you don't have all the tools try to be patient and scrounge/buy/make, the tools you need, working on machinery with the wrong tools can often lead to more work repairing damaged parts and also involve lots of band aids

:)

Hi Rob welcome to the site!

Dont be worried about starting this project mate, armed with a shed some tools and a manual you can do any thing! just take your time. ;)

I see that your into snowboarding.........do you get much snow in Sydney then? lol :D

Hi Rob, Welcome to the YOC, always nice to have a project just take your time and ask LOTS of questions, as above photos are great for finding out what you have forgotten and a manual is a must, also try to take photos of the bikes you want to copy so you know where your going with it. Lots of luck and let us know how your doing with it. :jossun:

Hi Everyone,

Great to meet you all!

Thanks for the advice I have definitely been taking photos and have got myself a clymer manual.

Conveniently my dad has a fair number of the tools I need however he also has foreboed me from owning a bike so I have to try and keep this under the radar. But seriously what does he expect when he has an imaculate Kawasaki Z900, a pimped out BMW 1200GS and I spent most of my childhood choking on 2 stroke smoke....?

I will be posting an extensive update on the bike situation - please keep a look out I need all the help I can get!

Cheers,

Rob

G day Rob, never a fan of clymer. the yam manuals are the best you can get.

careful it don't end up that this

8291-0000-xx-33-2.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online