Tires in aberdeen

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4540 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently MOT'd my XJ600N and to my shock ( haha!) the tires were on the limit.

Anyone in the area recommend best place to get new ones ?

i was thinking about Bridgestone BT 45's but maybee settle for something a bitty cheaper in this cold, miserable, money tight times . .

mind you . . could allways just forget the girlfriends valentines present . . .

Got a quote for £152 for Pirelli's . . guy said speed demons, but im thinking 152's a bit cheep for them ?

Cheers

Matthew

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh matt , sounds cheap ,,, about £180 for a decent pair of tyres,, no point gettin them of ebay, as fitter will sting you, and hastle if you need to return if defective,,

I dunno John, I get my tyres from these guys - Clicky link to moto-tyres - and they can do a set of BT45's delivered to your door for £158, or Pirelli Sport Demons for £155. They come from Germany and usually take 3-4 days, although I did wait a whole week once. Never had a bad tyre from them yet.

Yeah, you have to fit them yourself (or find a friendly local bloke who'll do 'em for a fiver), but tyre fitting is not a black art is it? Decent set of levers, some tyre soap scrounged from the skip behind Kwik-fit, and a wee bit of muscle, job done. The only hassle is taking your freshly-mounted tyre to the local petrol station for air - a footpump doesn't really have the oomph for that initial 'Pop!' when the bead sits into the rim.

You're welcome.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online