1977 DT 100

rh-dt100
This post is 4621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I am still looking to cure my DT 100 fault. It wil not pull at anywhere near full revs under load on the road. It will rev up on the stand but will just not pull. I have re built the carb, cleaned the exhaust out etc etc. I have put it at the back of the garage since September (in frustration!!!!), but I really want to get it running properly if I can

Could I be loosing crankcase pressure? If so is the cure an engine strip down to replace the gasket (s)?

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

crankcase pressure problems are usually caused by the crank seals wearing and can often be replaced with the engine insitu although not always.

RH seal tell tale is burning oil and smokey and possibly a smell of fuel in the oil

LH seal, take the cover of the magneto and see if theres any oil residue hanging around in there...or petrol, start the bike and spray the seal with WD40 through the slots in the rotor, listen for any change in engine tone

it might be an idea to test the resistance of the ignition coil and the charge coil in the magneto...compare the the specs in the manual

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online