Dt 125 problem

ScottDT
This post is 4617 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, woundering if somebody could help me out, i have recently bought a dtr 125 07 , the starter motor had gone on it so i took it to a shop to be repaired and he said it was beyond repairable. So i bought one Second hand off ebay , 100 quid . I fitted the starter motor, it fired no problem , took it out for a ride then stopped for 5 minutes for a quik break tried starting and it wouldnt work. Sounds like its spinning but nothing else. Tried it a few minites later it worked :s but now its not working then working then not etc. i dont know why the bike is eating starter motors, any help would be appriciated, thanks scott.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, woundering if somebody could help me out, i have recently bought a dtr 125 07 , the starter motor had gone on it so i took it to a shop to be repaired and he said it was beyond repairable. So i bought one Second hand off ebay , 100 quid . I fitted the starter motor, it fired no problem , took it out for a ride then stopped for 5 minutes for a quik break tried starting and it wouldnt work. Sounds like its spinning but nothing else. Tried it a few minites later it worked :s but now its not working then working then not etc. i dont know why the bike is eating starter motors, any help would be appriciated, thanks scott.

Dont panic Scott, it sounds like the starter clutch jamming, Its in the Haynes manual how to check it, it doesnt sound like the motor

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online