Spezza
This post is 4620 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi - i'm after replacement front tyre on TDM850 labelled Pirelli Strada 110/80 ZRM18 (58w). I found similar on Oponeo.co.uk for £69 which seems pretty good. Only thing they quote R18 instead of ZRM18. According to thier site its a 'w' rated tyre which is good for 168mph so no worries there! Anyone know what the difference might be??

cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

got this back...

Dear Spezza

There is a difference between those tyres:

Diablo Strada Tubeless Radial 110/80 ZRM18 M/C(58W) is with ZR which stands for max. speed and load rating. Those tyres are dedicated to 'on road ' purposes.

However, the second one (Pirelli Diablo Strada 110/80 R18 (58W) for £69) are not dedicated to highway service, rather for racing and sporting purposes.

Kindest regards

.....guess that means they got less tread than the one i'm replacing!

Decided to go ahead with the R18's from Openo - the site states the stuff below so decided it would make an okay road tyre - today its £70 instead of £69 which is a bit weird - wonder if they set prices accoring to enquiries? they're not that clever surely?!? The site has plenty of good independant reviews so no worries there and a fair old saving compared to competition. I'll let you know whether i can recommend them once i get my delivery.

Pirelli Diablo Strada 110/80 R18 (58 W) Front TL M/C Tyres

* Combined Front&Rear profile design for a neutral response in all riding conditions

* Functional Pattern design for performance consistency through-out tyre's life

* Improved compound formulation for sporty performance and maximum safety on dry and wet roads

Flippn Eck! Oponeo just emailed me stating the tyre I ordered was DOT2006 and was i still interested - told em not to bother!

So - NO! - I wouldnt recommend Oponeo!

Jeez thats scary - an Oponeo add just appeared on YOC banner advert !!!

dont worry your computer has picked up your browsing history from your cookies it happens all the time i had been looking at eurotunnel and a eurotunnel advert appeared,just delete your cookies if it worries you :babyha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online