hello from new member julien

julien
This post is 4627 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello my name is julien,

iv got a lot of bikes but recently iv picked up a couple of yamahas so thought id better join the "club".I had yamahas when i was a teanager but moved on to other bikes as i got older(triumphs and the like) but last summer a friend gave me a xs650 in a uncle bunt hardtail frame in payment for some worke i did for him and just recently i got my hands on a dt175 that had seen better days and was being used as a field bike. When i joind the triumph owners club thay had a service that told you the history of the bike just from the frame or engine numbers , i was wondering if this club did a simmilar thing? or is it more for the good crack ? T T F N.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi airhead,

yes im a bit worried about buying second hand bits of ebay without knowing the year of my dt175 . im also unsure of the history and would like to put it back on the road but this "no history "stuff is all new to me and i dont know how you can get any where without some official help .anyway the frame/engine number is *k4-025482* . all help is much appreciated . my very first bike in 1982 was a dt50mx i loved it and was never of the thing , happy days. im guessing this dt175 is about a 1981 model . its a mono and has a square box section swing arm . its bean resprayed but i think the collor was white .

cheers.

Welcome julien" where in the fell"s are you ?

thanks for the welcome blackhat,im based in cockermouth but spend my time flitting between there and a place in spain we have and have bikes in both places so come the summer when im back in cockermouth you will probably find im going on about my xs650 as that is there.

Its a 1980 model julien, start a topic of your own in a more suitable place , classics / offroad if you have questions, or if you will be re-vamping her perhaps in projects

...Paul

thanks paul. i'll take your advice on the topic section , perhaps i can put some photos up before i start getting my hands dirty

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online