Oil filter

Morpheuz
This post is 4295 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bit of a wonky insertion here...

Talking about the oil filter lads... :icon_eek:

XVS 125, it went in wobbly, and I have OCD so it scares the hell out of me...

when its wonky I dont like it, makes me want to take it apart and try again and re-do it all day long...

I'm guessing the Dragstars oil filter is "wrong installation" proof, it just seemed "feely" for me... all I have to rely on.

It don't seem like there was room for it to be installed incorrectly, so I'm guessing all is ok?

I suppose I just need re-assurance to make me feel better... or someone to say I've fuked it so I can go and kill myself.

Any kind people out there?

Cheerz :scared:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I dont know them little Draggys so i cant picture what your talking about but i hope ya didnt put it on,,,, on the wrong thread ?

Nah there is no thread, it fits in position by a circular lip that goes in a hole, its surrounded by rubber, and same on other side but there are notches that fit in place. It seals in place once the crank case filter cover screws up to the engine, the notches are on that, hence wobbly when putting back the screws.

I think its ok, the wobbly bit is just the rubber O rings before compression. once tightened down the oil will flow through the filter with the O rings providing the seal.

That's how I read your thread. Old Timer had one, shoot him a PM

• 8 months later...

Yep, they're all wobbly.

Far more important to make sure the rubber O-ring in the casing side panel is correctly seated and completely free of grit.

yes, i checked that. this was my first go at changing the oil and oil filter on my bike and i think it went well. however, now my bike is not idling properly. i'd say i just need to clean out the carb (and there is loads of info on this forum) but could there be any relation to the changing of the oil and oil filter? i would say not but it just seems strange that this would happen soon after i changed the oil... ? :eusa_think:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online