George White's have gone bust

pilninggas
This post is 4545 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

http://www.motorcycl...administration/

in a way not surprised, the xj6s i have at the moment cost me £4k from there, less than most used ones were selling for - the zx6r i bought there in 09 was so cheap, when i got knocked off and it was wrote-off i made a £400 profit! (and kept the 2 paddock stands and other freebies they chucked in).

Their business model was stack 'em high sell 'em cheap - i reckon they did a bit too much stackin', not enough selling. They were also clearly concerned about this business model and the high price of jap bikes that the floor was not that full when we last went (xmas week), and much of the stock was the italian stuff they had diversified into. They moved to their new showrooms in Swindon (from manchester road) not long before the credit-crisis, and although the 0% deals helped, we often wondered how they stayed solvent.

Shame for some of the folk who worked there - some were unhelpful and probably were part of the demise. I have to say the after-sales was rubbish, they didn't register my xj6s with yam uk for 2 months until i threatened to kick up a stink (meaning my warranty was not ready to go and the free RAC cover wasn't on the system).

The shop and the 'auto-jumble' were quite good for kit, but i bet many of their smaller rivals in abingdon, gloucester, cheltenham, cirencester, trowbridge etc are breathing a collective sigh of relief as they must have been taking a lot of business away (ruthless, tight toe-rags like me!).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

bollocks :(

was going to go to their open day this year, i went a few years ago with a mate and it was a great crack, even got a set of gloves i bought from there years ago

they will be missed :(

bollocks :(

was going to go to their open day this year, i went a few years ago with a mate and it was a great crack, even got a set of gloves i bought from there years ago

they will be missed :(

and a good customer like you foamy...i bet they kept hoping you'd come back for another pair :(

i dropped a WR125 in there last year, rode up on my DT, got chatting to one of the sales guys and got chatting, asked to sit on the bike to make sure i can reach the floor, went to put it back on the stand but didnt push it back enough (giggity), went to get off it and it fell over on me :(

george whites opened a new showroom here in bolton not long back ,

hardley any costomers go, i don't understand why not ,

as there prices where rock bottom, ie, crash helmets £10 should have been £98,

two piece lethers by buffalo (not great but good) should have been £139.99 now £35.

and a hell of a lot more cut price bargains to be had.

maybe they just shot themselves in the foot, who knows.

I wouldn't have thought it was the new/second hand bike sales that let them down, we have a George Whites in Torbay, that recently took over the GT Motorcycle franchise,

and whenever going to order parts from them, they'd tell you they'd have it in two weeks, so the choice is either two weeks, and you have to go pick it up from them, or get on Ebay and have it delivered in 6 days, no brainer really, there will be a few more bike shops go to the wall I reckon, due to this.

• 2 months later...

I’ve bought a new XVS950 from George White by phoning them in October last year and it had just turned 600 miles on the clock for the first free service. As I live in London, they came to me to delivery my bike at the time. Does anyone can tell me if I still can have that FIRST SERVICE and who shall I ask for help at this point?

:eusa_think:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online